Welcome to Lago Vista Youth Basketball
2021 - 2022 Basketball Season is here!
UpdatedMonday September 13, 2021 byLago Vista Youth Basketball.
It's that time of year again so get those basketball shoes laced up as the Lago Vista Youth Basketball is starting up soon. Our local Lago Vista Youth BB Board has been hard at work behind the scenes to make this year's experience even better.
As a league, we have three major goals:
- Develop and improve each child as a basketball player
- Provide quality coaching and officiating to teach fundamental basketball
- Make sure that each player learns, has fun and wants to come back and play basketball again!
Our LVYBB board works closely with local leaders, coaches and parents to ensure that we have a youth program that teaches your kiddos the fundamentals of basketball and prepares them to be future Viking players.
More recently, we've also partnered up with https://www.magicbasketballclub.com/. Magic gives the Lavo Vista Youth Basketball program greater access to Hill Country teams and opportunities to play in new & exciting "Heart of Texas" Tournaments offered throughout the Winter Basketball Season.
Four major divisions make up the league:
- Little Dribblers (Kinder) combines a train & play program focuses on fun and creating a foundational love for the game of basketball while teaching some beginner skills.
- Rookie (1st/2nd grade) Divisions are Co-ed, and focused on beginner skill development in a fun environment. All games are played in Lago Vista. May include 1 - 2 tournaments.
- Junior Division (3rd/4th grade) is separated into boys and girls divisions. This division is a step us from rookie allowing players to continue age appropriate development in a more competitive environment. Games will be played locally and at other organization sites including tournaments.
- Senior Division (5th/6th grade) is separated into boys and girls divisions. This is our highest level of recreational basketball, emphasizing more advanced skill development in a competitive environment preparing players for Middle School sports. Games will be played locally and at other organization sites and is inclusive of 2 - 3 tournaments pending schedules.
Practices will start in early November with the regular season running from early December through early February. Group practices and evaluations will be held during the first week before breaking into teams and beginning league play.
Our Junior and Senior divisions may participate in interleague games/tournaments with other organizations in the area. Stay tuned for updates!
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions! We're looking forward to an awesome 2021-22 season!